Taste the talent at your Co-op with this week’s recipe. Joe’s stuffed burger features freshly ground beef and cheese spreads made in the deli. A home run!
- 2 lbs Black Angus ground beef
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 package Co-op cheese spread (6 flavors available)
Forming the patties
- Form an 8 ounce ball of Black Angus ground beef.
- Cut in half to make 2 pieces, flatten both.
- Scoop 1 tbsp. of Co-Op Cheese spread on one flattened patty, place the other patty on top. Press the edges of both patties together firmly so it’s formed into a single patty.
- Season both sides of the burger with the seasoning (garlic powder, black pepper and salt) and let stand for 5 minutes at room temperature.
Cooking the burgers
- Grill or Broil
- Medium Rare: 5 minutes one side 3 minutes other.
- Well Done: 5 minutes one side 5 minutes other.
- Slice and toast your favorite Co-op bun (pretzel roll is suggested).
- Place fresh lettuce, sliced tomato and sliced onion on the bun.
- Feel free to pick up one of our homemade dressings in our Deli cheese case to top your burger.