Corona Virus Notice
Dear Members and Community:
At the Niskayuna Co-op, our customers are considered family. We join the rest of the Capital Region in being proactive and smart with regard to COVID-19. Here is what we are doing to keep our customers and their families safe during this time.
For Our Customers and the Community
- Store associates are working to ensure that the food, medicine and cleaning supplies our customers need are reaching our store as quickly as possible and are available through our grocery pickup service.
- We’re following guidance from federal, state and local agencies, including the CDC and other health organizations.
- Cleaning commonly used areas more often, including cashier stations, credit card terminals, conveyor belts and food service counters, and cleaning shelves when restocking products.
- Cleaning and sanitizing our self-serve coffee and soup stations, as well as offering ways for customers to sanitize their hands both before and after utilizing the station.
- Sanitizing restrooms more frequently and restocking with supplies, including soap and paper towels.
- Wiping down shopping carts, baskets and equipment.
- Partnering with our suppliers to replenish high-demand preparedness products.
- Continuing to provide our customers with free disinfectant wipes at our store entrances to sanitize their shopping carts or baskets.
- Encouraging the use of produce bags for loose or bulk items
- Following best practices for safe food handling, as always.
For Our Associates
- Encouraging our associates to closely monitor their health and well-being.
- Providing sanitizing products in breakrooms and common areas.
- Asking our associates to stay home if they, or someone in their household, are sick.
The Niskayuna Co-op Recommends
- Following the CDC’s suggested hygiene practices to reduce the spread of the virus.
- That our customers also practice safe food handling at home.
The Niskayuna Co-op strives to make our market a safe and healthy experience for the entire community.
Thank you for being a loyal customer.
Interim General Manager
Sunny Lee and Sarah Bilofsky
Co-Presidents of Board of Directors