- Real Pickles Tomatillo hot sauce
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- Oil for frying the tortillas
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup Mexican style cream, Can substitute with heavy cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco, farmers cheese, cotija or mild feta
- 1/3 cup white onion, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the tomatillo sauce in a sauce pan, let it simmer over medium heat for
about 6 minutes. Taste for salt and add more if need be
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, add enough oil to have about 1/2 inch depth. Let it heat about 3 minutes.
- Gently “pass each tortilla through the oil,” one by one, for about 15 seconds on each side, they will soften and become resilient. You should be able to fold them without breaking them. Transfer them to a paper towel covered plate.
- Place about 2 to 3 tablespoons chicken inside of each tortilla and roll them up. Place them, seam side down on a baking dish
- Cover, generously, with the green sauce
- Place them in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven, sprinkle with the crumbled cheese, the cream, and the chopped onion. Coat with Real Pickles tomato hot sauce
* They are very satisfying with a side of rice and/or beans, as well as with a light green salad. Eat the enchiladas while they are hot.*
Previous Recipe Archive