A new way to prepare a moist pork roast for dinner. Whether you enjoy the smokey flavor of a charcoal grill or the convenience of gas, this one’s for you.
- 1 (4 pound) boneless pork loin roast
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- Place boneless pork loin on large cutting board or platter; brush oil over all sides. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, stir together dry rub seasoning. Rub over pork to cover.
- Charcoal: Prepare charcoal grill to cook over direct and indirect heat. Place pork loin over medium-hot coals (direct heat). Cook for 10 minutes on each side to brown. Move pork to area on grill over indirect heat. Cook, covered for 70-90 minutes or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads
145 ° F. Remove roast from heat; let rest 10 minutes.
- Gas grill: Cook on medium-hot (about 400° F.) gas grill for 10 minutes on each side to brown. Move pork to one side of grill; turn off the gas directly under the pork. Leave the rest of the grill on medium heat. Cook, covered for 70-90 minutes or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads
145° F. Remove roast from heat; let rest about 10 minutes.