Impress the family with this restaurant quality meal in the comfort of your own home
using the classic combination of chicken, spinach, bacon and cheese.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded pepperjack cheese
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375° F (190° C).
- Place spinach in a large glass bowl, and heat in the microwave for 3 minutes, stirring every minute or so, or until wilted.
- Stir in sour cream, pepperjack cheese, and garlic.
- Lay the chicken breasts out on a clean surface, and spoon some of the spinach mixture onto each one.
- Roll up chicken to enclose the spinach, then wrap each chicken breast with two slices of bacon. Secure with toothpicks, and arrange in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes in the preheated oven, then increase heat to 500° F (260° C), or use the oven’s broiler to cook for an additional 5 to 10 minutes to brown the bacon.