- 6 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1 (10 oz.) package chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped and toasted macadamia nuts
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup ﬂaked coconut, toasted
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium-high heat until evenly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- Combine pineapple juice, red wine vinegar, oil, pepper and salt in a lidded jar or cruet. Cover and shake well.
- Toss lettuce, pineapple, macadamia nuts, green onions and bacon together in a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Garnish with toasted coconut.